Essentials For Amibroker
Learn how to chart, scan and backtest trading strategies in under two hours.
On this course, experienced quant and Amibroker expert Matt Radtke takes you through the essential components of Amibroker so that you can start charting and backtesting trading strategies in no time at all.
In under two hours you'll learn how to:
- Install and setup Amibroker and learn the appropriate settings for your machine.
- Learn how to set up your charts and indicators for easy workflow.
- Learn the types of analysis available in Amibroker and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Understand the basics of the Amibroker Formula Language (AFL).
- Learn how to scan and run explorations on your historical data.
- Discover how to code and backtest simple trading strategies.
- Understand what pitfalls are involved and how to avoid them.
- Download Matt's comprehensive backtest and exploration AFL templates.
Most courses on Amibroker are long winded and avoid tackling the key aspects related to trading. This course focuses on the stuff that matters so you can get started charting and backtesting your trading ideas fast!
Topics Covered On This Course Include:
- Custom indicators
- Variables and Arrays
- Amibroker Project Files
- Switch statements, and If-Else
- Custom/ user created functions
- Best practice for backtesting and explorations
- Controlling exploration output
- Pitfalls to avoid when working with Amibroker
- How to chart, code and backtest professional trading strategies
You will also receive Matt's working Amibroker templates for backtesting and exploring data (value $500).
Matt Radtke is an experienced trader, programmer and software engineer who specializes in programming quantified trading strategies with AmiBroker. He holds a Computer Science degree from Michigan State University and more than two decades writing software for a variety of companies. Matt has been trading stocks and options since 2008 and is a former programmer for Connors Research.
"I have worked with Matt on a number of projects over the last couple of years and his work rate, professionalism, and expertise with Amibroker is second to none. Not only does Matt understand Amibroker to a very high level, he also has real life trading experience and is able to explain projects in a way anyone can understand."
- Joe Marwood