Amibroker CBT Intensive Course
Advance Your Amibroker Skills With The Amibroker Custom Backtester
Learn The Amibroker CBT
Have you ever wanted to compile your own trade metrics, use advanced position sizing or automatically hedge trades?
Maybe you're trying to do something with Amibroker's standard backtest engine but it's just not working?
On this course from Amibroker expert, Matt Radtke, you'll learn the three levels of the Amibroker custom backtester (high-level, mid-level and low-level) allowing you to take complete control of your Amibroker backtests.
The CBT lets you dive deep into the Amibroker architecture giving you complete control over almost anything.
Across 4 hours of video instruction, you'll learn when to use each of the three levels of the CBT and the common mistakes that some coders make.
Amibroker is a great piece of software out of the box but if you want to advance your skills you need to learn about the custom backtest interface.
AmiBroker’s Custom Back Test (CBT) interface is a feature that allows power users to completely control the backtesting process. This course will familiarize you with the CBT so that you can create complex backtests and customize your reporting.
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Determine when to use each of the three levels of the CBT
- Add custom trade metrics via the CBT
- Add custom portfolio metrics via the CBT
- Control the processing of entry and exit signals
- Enter, modify, and exit trades
- Perform auxiliary functions like hedging
Matt Radtke is an experienced trader, programmer and software engineer who specializes in programming quantified trading strategies with AmiBroker. He holds a Computer Science degree from Michigan State University and more than two decades writing software for a variety of companies. Matt has been trading stocks and options since 2008 and is a former programmer for Connors Research.
NEW! Now includes Exclusive New Lecture - How To Hedge With The Amibroker CBT (Session 4).
Frequently Asked Questions
"Not only does Matt understand Amibroker to a very high level, he also has real life trading experience and is able to explain things in a way anyone can understand. If you have ever struggled with the Amibroker CBT, then this course is for you."
- Joe Marwood
13 Reasons To Use The Amibroker CBT
- Add custom trade metrics to the standard AmiBroker trade list
- Add custom portfolio (aggregate) metrics to the standard AmiBroker backtest report
- Store data that can be used in custom Report Charts
- Modify signals before they are processed, for example to limit the number of open trades per sector at any given time
- Enter trades using a limit price while respecting capital limitations, i.e. assuming that you must limit the number of *orders* each day
- Create a hedge position
- Use dynamic position sizing methods that require knowledge of the symbols which will actually be entered on a given bar/day and/or which symbols already have open positions. Volatility-weighted position sizing is an example of such a method
- Rebalance open positions to a target size
- Enforce specialized stop loss and profit target exits not supported by AmiBroker's ApplyStops function, for example a "Portfolio Stop" that exits all positions when the portfolio has lost more than X%
- Complete control over the order in which entries, exits, stops, rebalancing, and other functions are processed to allow accurate modeling of real-life trading
- Scale-in or scale-out of positions based on entry price or other criteria that cannot be known until a trade has actually been entered
- Implement multiple, independent strategies within a single AFL file
- Implement adaptive strategies that determine entry and exit rules at the time of trade setup, based on market regime or other criteria
Take your Amibroker skills to the next level by learning the cutstom backtest interface.
"I found Matt’s CBT Course to be invaluable. Having used Tradestation for many years, I began working with Amibroker about a year ago. Matt’s help was a massive shortcut for me. There are many possible pitfalls when designing and testing systems. Improper coding is certainly one of them. And with Matt’s help, I was able to learn how to code in Amibroker both accurately and efficiently. The skeleton code that comes with the course is something I’ve used over and over. And the ability to go back and review the videos and PowerPoint slides allows me to easily refresh myself on concepts I may not have used for a while. I highly recommend Matt and the CBT course."
- Rob H.
Special Launch Price Available Now - $259 increases to $299 Saturday 1st August!